Artist: Shabaam Sahdeeq
Album: Keepers Of The Lost Art
1. Keepers Of The Lost Art
2. Conceited Confidence
3. Playing Games
4. Speak Truth (ft. Reks & Kamala)
5. Walk With The Light
6. That Dope (ft. Wais P & Sha Stimuli)
7. Hardbody & Heavy (ft. Half A Brick & EastKoast)
9. Grown Man Hustle (ft. Eric Rico)
10. The Come Back Kid (ft. Skyzoo & F.T.)
11. Seasons Change
12. City Of Fame (ft. Mic Handz)
13. He Who Dares (ft. Lewis Parker)
14. Fall In Line
15. O.G Certified (ft. Tragedy Khadafi)
16. Done It All (ft. Bekay)
17. Relax [Remix]
18. Energon 2 (ft. Spit Gemz)
19. Honor Me Now [Remix]
20. U Don’t Want None (ft. General DV)
21. Cut From A Different Cloth (ft. Hakim) [Bonus Track]
22. Do You [Bonus Track]
23. Motion Picture [Bonus Track]
This is the first review of an album that we have done for Shabaam Sahdeeq. That’s odd because we have posted a ton of singles for various other projects, but this is really his first viable album in a long while. He has stayed busy with a bunch of mixtapes and guest features, all the while creating and crafting his own album, Keepers Of The Lost Art. The album has actually been a long time in the making, as I first heard this album titled a couple of years ago.
Word has been buzzin’ about Shabaam Sahdeeq’s forthcoming album, Keepers Of The Lost Art, for at least a year and now. On April 22nd, that talk can reach a boil as the album will finally drop. This single should also be perking up ears. The production by DJ Skizz absolutely bangs. while Sahdeeq, Wais P, and Sha Stimuli keep the conversation lively.
Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
I enjoy this song and Natti’s album, Still Motion, alot. Other than that, I am going to let the official press release take it away:
The second single from Natti’s ‘Still Motion’ gets a visual treatment. Watch as Natti, Sha Stimuli & Substantial reluctantly admire the drug game, the music industry and the institution of education. Three systems that, more often than not, prey on it’s participants and are specifically designed for them to fail.
In order to love other people, you have to love yourself. It sounds emo coming from me, but when you let Tek, El Gant, and Sha Stimuli tell it over this Drawzilla production, it has a fresh appeal. This is a single for El Gant and Tek’s collaborative project, Gibson Glover.
Another artist I wasn’t familiar with until today. L.I.F.E.T.I.M.E. drops a cut in dedication of those “lyrical raps” alongside the vet, Sha Stimuli. Thorotracks provides the smooth production with cracking drums. This track is a prelude to his Endemic produced album, From The Hart dropping with no said date.
Spectac and Shakim are set to release their album, For The People, on Kevin Nottingham’s imprint, HIPNOTT Records. And what do they do to get the people excited for the project? They proceed to invite, Skyzoo, Warren Wint, Sha Stimuli, and Senor Kaos to get on a cut. Yep. That’ll get you excited. Moment Of Truth is sponsored by the funkiness of Shakim as he crafts something memorable.
Definitely check for the album on February 19th!
I wish I had some time to talk about this release, but time is not on my side and I wanted to get this project out so you can all enjoy it. If you like hard rhymes and beats served NYC style, this is something that you are going to want to check out. A couple of the songs I had heard before but many of them were new to me. A lot of great guest shots available on this one as well.
Be on the look out for Famoso’s, Tales From Tha’ Dopeside next month mean while get acquainted!
Artist: Red Eye
Album: St Fatrick’s Day
2.Fuck B’n Polite (prod by DJ Qvali)
3.Drawn-n-Quartered (ft. Cella Dwellas x L.I.F.E. Long) (prod by Skammadix)
4.Step Aside (prod by DJ Qvali)
5.FigYa4LegLoc (ft. Critical Madness x Bezerk x Amiam x Illustrate x Shinobi Stalin x Tzarizm)
6.Til I Owe Nada (ft. Born Unique x Godilla) (prod by DJ Qvali)
7.7th Inning Stretch (ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq x Punchline x FT aka Fuc That x El Da Sensei x Phantasm x Nine)
8.Oh Baby Now (ft. Blaq Poet) (prod by Nickel Plated)
9.Definition of Apeshit (ft. Infinity Gauntlet x Dov) (prod by Snowgoons)
10.You Ain’t Ready (Remix) (ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq x King Magnetic) (prod by Res Nullius)
11.Never Relate (prod by DJ Qvali)
12.Click Clack (ft. Streets x Ruff) (prod by Thorotracks)
13.Hardcore (ft. Meyhem Lauren x Blaq Poet) (prod by Nickel Plated)
14.One By One (ft. Born Unique) (prod by DJ Qvali)
15.Unfukwitable (ft. Ruste Juxx x Reks x Reef the Lost Cauze x Shabaam Sahdeeq x Sha Stimuli x Nutso x M-Dot x Midaz)
It gets to a point where I could share every song off this mixtape as a single, but why not offer you guys the full picture of what it’s all about? And at this point I am just going to say it: This mixtape is top notch. If you want fifteen tracks that knock speakers with no filler of fru-fru material, St. Fatrick’s Day is the joint you are going to want to own.
Here’s a track that I have had on “draft” status for a week. I could not find some decent artwork for this joint so I compromised by using LIFETIME’s twitter pic. At any rate this joint is nice, and hey, it features Sha Stimuli. You can’t gow wrong with that.