Here’s a track from Local-MU12’s collective effort, Everyday People. The track features bars from Shabaam Sahdeeq and Punchline, underscored with production from The Manorail. Together they take on the Instagram era and those looking for instant fame in the game.
I have already talked about the song itself. The video is pretty straight forward. It’s four incredibly talented emcees rocking over the boom bap version of Three Blind Mice. It get’s no realer!
“…you don’t really want to get into a place, where you learn what the five fingers said to the face…” – Masta Ace
The Turning Point drops on May 20th. You know that you are feeling it!
eMC (Mast Ace x Stricklin x Wordsworth x Punchline) are readying the release of their new EP, The Turning Point. The project is due out May 20th. Charly Murphie is the first single from the project and it utilizes a dope hip hop adaptation of the nursery rhyme, Three Blind Mice, some Dave Chappelle sound bytes, and some incredible flows from the emcees. Really talented group of artists here! (First seen on 2DopeBoyz)
Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
Revalation released this posse cut from his Feature Presentation project that drops tomorrow. Skammadix, the producer, makes this joint absolutely go! It’s got that uptempo BPM with some banging keys that are sure to get the a’ snappin. The lineup of Rev, JoJo Rose, B.A.M., Tribeca, Ellementt, and Punchline all proceed to do some serious work.
Punchline brings us a new and dope cut to enjoy bringing alongside label mates Fokis and The 17th among others to showcase their talents. The song has a great vibe and really got me in the mood to post some doper material I have been put on to as of late. One of the things that is subtle and may go unnoticed is the added vocal touches in the background. The devil is in the details and that puts this track just up one more notch.
This yet another one of the dope track from Artist Of The Year, Ruste Juxx and his producer The Arcitype. This is off of their album, V.I.C.
Artist: Ruste Juxx x The Arcitype
01. V.I.C. (Intro) (feat. Zash Chinhara)
03. Lava (feat. Termanology)
04. Can Only Be Me (feat. Genius)
05. The Life I Live (feat. Copywrite)
06. Jump Start (feat. DJ Slipwax, Jaysaun, Planet Asia & R.A. the Rugged Man)
07. Barbarian Bars (feat. Punchline)
08. Right There With Me (feat. XL, Sadat X & Skanks)
09. Rock to the Rhythm
10. She Get It In (feat. Genius)
11. The Walking Dead (feat. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Guilty Simpson & Ill Bill)
12. Where They Be At
13. That La La La (feat. Craig G & General Steele)
14. Stand Strong (feat. Sarah Miller)
15. Something Outta Hopeless (feat. Aisling Peartree)
16. Champion (feat. King Magnetic) (Bonus)
17. Summertime on the Ave (feat. KiKi, Promise & Skanks) (Bonus)
18. Give Em What They Want (feat. Genius & Illa Ghee) (Bonus)
19. That La La La (the WEEDmix) (feat. Viceversah & Cortez) (Bonus)
I can say, without hesitation, that Ruste Juxx has been on of the most prolific artists in the last few years. He has been featured donzens of times on other people’s projects. He has been on a a blistering pace of almost releasing two albums a year and V.I.C. is his second of 2012. His first project this year was with French producer Kyo Itachi, entitled Hardbodied Hip Hop. That album was outstanding and I thought Juxx had outdone himself with that effort but, V.I.C. expounds even further on that effort, making it one of the top notch albums of 2012. I believe one of the reasons this album shines so bright is the beat selection from producer, The Arcitype. He is able to fuse different sounds together for an album that I really hadn’t heard before and that only enables Ruste Juxx to showcase even more of what he can do with the microphone.
I don’t see ho anyone can think a track that features Quite Nyce, Punchline, Wordworth, and Ill Poetic could even remotely be considered as being average. These guys all put a beating on the microphone. Apparently there is an EP in the works that will be sponsored by DJ Booth. Good looks…
Artist: Red Eye
Album: St Fatrick’s Day
2.Fuck B’n Polite (prod by DJ Qvali)
3.Drawn-n-Quartered (ft. Cella Dwellas x L.I.F.E. Long) (prod by Skammadix)
4.Step Aside (prod by DJ Qvali)
5.FigYa4LegLoc (ft. Critical Madness x Bezerk x Amiam x Illustrate x Shinobi Stalin x Tzarizm)
6.Til I Owe Nada (ft. Born Unique x Godilla) (prod by DJ Qvali)
7.7th Inning Stretch (ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq x Punchline x FT aka Fuc That x El Da Sensei x Phantasm x Nine)
8.Oh Baby Now (ft. Blaq Poet) (prod by Nickel Plated)
9.Definition of Apeshit (ft. Infinity Gauntlet x Dov) (prod by Snowgoons)
10.You Ain’t Ready (Remix) (ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq x King Magnetic) (prod by Res Nullius)
11.Never Relate (prod by DJ Qvali)
12.Click Clack (ft. Streets x Ruff) (prod by Thorotracks)
13.Hardcore (ft. Meyhem Lauren x Blaq Poet) (prod by Nickel Plated)
14.One By One (ft. Born Unique) (prod by DJ Qvali)
15.Unfukwitable (ft. Ruste Juxx x Reks x Reef the Lost Cauze x Shabaam Sahdeeq x Sha Stimuli x Nutso x M-Dot x Midaz)
It gets to a point where I could share every song off this mixtape as a single, but why not offer you guys the full picture of what it’s all about? And at this point I am just going to say it: This mixtape is top notch. If you want fifteen tracks that knock speakers with no filler of fru-fru material, St. Fatrick’s Day is the joint you are going to want to own.