This was sent to me as a new single although the video information dates from last year. Whatever, the song is quite dope. It leads me to believe that a new Donnie Darko project is on the way. The production from DJ Bless is as always…remarkable. It’s that hardcore material we have come to love from NSD.
Album: Until It’s My Time To Die
- Moments OF Death
- Cocaine Rap (ft. Sutter Kain x Danny)
- Nigh Vision
- Raw Rap (ft. Sediztikk)
- Jedi (ft. Lavar Ave)
- New Jersey Drive Pt. 3
- Trigger Music (ft. Taino)
- Knights Of Doom (ft. Taino)
- Pull The Fuckin’ Trigger (ft. Taino)
- Until It’s My Time To Die (ft. Sutter Kain)
- Slums (ft. Sabowtaj)
- Street Poems (ft. Sabowtaj)
- Bloody Snow (ft. Rhythm Writers)
- Everyday Stuggle Pt 2 (ft. Mike Sanders)
- Cocaine Rap Hanover Remix (ft. Charles Clear x Kaot Kraftsoff x ATRX)
- 2004 (ft. Conway x Black & Dirty White)
- Street Tales (ft. Jakk Frost x Black & Dirty White)
Well…well…well…DJ Bless and the team are back it again and delivering nothing but music to murk to. This joint is more than just a little vicious. It’s really hard to put into words a description of the production, other than it’s intense. And that fits Donnie Darko and Appollo Valdez’s styles just fine. It’s aggressive and a ‘take no shorts’ approach to music and I expect nothing less from this camp.
Self Titled album drops on January 15th. You have been warned!
Man, talk about heat rocks! The NSD camp drops a video single for the new group, Pull The Fuckin’ Trigger. The team is comprised of DJ Bless, Donnie Darko, and Appollo Valdez and they are coming for heads with this new joint. I love it when Bless and Darko do their thing, and Valdez adds a new type of delivery to round out the squad.
I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to hear more.
Donnie Darko and DJ Bless are back with a vengeance with this track Death Trap. I mean…..good gawd…Darko puts together two verses that are meant to annihilate anyone in his path. DJ Bless throws that boom bap on top of that enchanting organ and you have one of the most fire tracks in 2016.
I need an album fellas!
Man it has been a minutes since I have head some new NSD material. But the camp always has a habit of dropping a gem on us, so I can’t complain all that much. Donnie Darko drops those high energy verbals all over this DJ Bless track. That’s been THE combination that has taken NSD so far. Always a great pairing. And what can you learn from this track? Be aware of your surroundings and don’t take the hood lightly or you will get got.
New album, Redemption, drops on June 10th.
Always good to get some new music from the homie Donnie Darko and the NSD camp. Darko is really an underrated emcee who spits with a lot of vigor and when he teams up with the production from DJ Bless, heads should just hit the deck. This track is a single from Darko’s forthcoming album, Redemption so keep a look out for that on 02/04/2013.
Disclaimer: It is hard and challenging to pick 50 tracks from the thousands upon thousands that dropped this year. It is merely an attempt to list my favorite cuts of 2012. Click the links to listen to the song! I think it’s a great list. There were a lot of great songs crafted this year and I know I left off some good ones. I listened to 5,000+ tracks from 2012 alone this year, so as an artist, if you made this list you know you are on the forefront of my iTunes!
1. Megatron Mindstate – Spit Gemz, Shaz Illyork, and DJ Brans brought the banger of the year early on in 2012. For me this track just set a standard that could not be surpassed. The beat was epic and the rhymes intermingled the streets with theology to provide a brief but concentrated delivery of dope.
2. Tragedy Text – RP from the Loyalty Digital game me the chills literally with this track about texting and driving and anyone who can provoke that type of response deserves to be acknowledged. One of the great conceptual songs in the last five years.
5. Lo Siento Amigo – Dub Sonata x Double AB brought a lot of flavor and context to this joint. Dub Sonata conjures a little latin boom bap and Double AB continues to be one of the best story telling emcees in the game, narrating a tale of romance, deception, and karma.
6. Local Artist – I could have honestly used any on the cuts off of The 17ths FREE EP. It’s a damn great EP and you can listen to it through and through. But this cut puts the listener in the shoes of your “local artist” and his life.
8. Heaven – While this is not on any particular album, Mike Beatz provides an amazing banger for the fans and the visuals from the video give you that serial killer feel. I can’t wait to hear more from this man in 2013.
34. Terminate On Site – CF drops another tough joint. Last year he brought ‘that fire’, and this year he ‘terminates on site’.
39. Rabbit Season – Craig G is an OG. He deosn’t care about end of the year accolades but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve them. He once again shows these youngsters how it is done…proper. Kids….go get your shine box!
42. Unlearn – Reks and Numonics kill the game with this track. These are two of my favorites in their selected fields. You can’t listen to this without stopping what you are doing and paying attention to the music,.