I have yet to see anyone blog about this release, but how could you miss out on some Psycho Les production with Theo3 spitting bars?
I am not sure if you guys remember, but in 2014 Theo3, had an impeccable EP called Enticement. There was production from The Audible Doctor, SCAM, and none other than Psycho Les on that joint.
The Double Life EP builds off of that arrangement. It’s not big on length, however, it is strong in potency. Fresh rhymes and dope production are highly concentrated in these three tracks and worth the meager $3 it will take to purchase them.
This single only just came out last week but if the homie Cool FD wants to put his special twist to the cut, no one will complain. Dopeness!
Disclaimer: It is hard and challenging to pick 50 tracks from the thousands upon thousands that dropped this year. It is merely an attempt to list my favorite cuts of 2012. Click the links to listen to the song! I think it’s a great list. There were a lot of great songs crafted this year and I know I left off some good ones. I listened to 5,000+ tracks from 2012 alone this year, so as an artist, if you made this list you know you are on the forefront of my iTunes!
1. Said Before – Goldini Bagwell
2. Rhyme Of The Year – Nino Bless
3. Believers – Mayday
4. Outlive, Outshine – Theo3
5. War – Stryfe and Marc Byrd
1) Theo 3 – Enticement I always agonize over the best EPs, because I think the shorter releases are always going to be more tightly construed then longer releases. Thusly there are doper, more potent releases, in this format. But there are was not a doper five songs put together for an EP than Enticement. It features production from Psycho Les and The Audible Doctor, and some really great lyricism.
2) Supastition – The Blackboard Don’t call it a comeback! When Supastition decided to re-enter the realm of making music, I felt uplifted. He’s simply one of my favorite emcees. With The Blackboard, he came back in rare form with some great production, lyricism, and concepts. The release it the total package and a forbearance of what’s to come.
3) Grey Sky Appeal – Occam’s Razor Grey Sky Appeal have such a unique and clever sound and although this EP was crafted on a tour back in 2011, it didn’t see the light of day until 2013. You can check out our full review of the project HERE.
4) Skeezo – Face Value In terms of sheer knockability (yes, that’s a word), no EP hit harder than this one. This is EP is chocked full of bangers with superlative production on raw rhymes. There’s also a lot of replayability in this short project. Skeezo is one of those names that should be at the forefront when it comes to emcees to watch for 2014.
5) Nutso x 5th Seal – I Plead The 5th – In the end, this EP was impossible to leave off the list even with the stiff competition. It has one of the best tracks of the year in PAIN and also contains the certified bangers, Blood & Bones and Planet Of the Apes. 5th Seal and Nutso prove to be one of the best producer/emcee collaborations in 2013.
1. Clouds (w/ DJ Riccachet, prod. by The Audible Doctor)
2. That’s Why I Came (w/ DJ Grouch, prod. by Psycho Les)
3. Outlive, Outshine (prod. by SCAM)
4. In A Heartbeat (prod. by Phat Tony)
5. So Mind Your Bizness (prod. by SCAM)
It’s amazing what you can do with a mere five tracks. Theo3 was an unknown emcee to me prior to three months ago. Now, with just the work of those five tracks, his music and sound is ingrained in my mind. That’s what we shall call a deep impact.
Theo3 is a bad man on the microphone. He undeniably bodies this track. No survivors. He unloads bar after bar with great wordplay and metaphors, with one poignant stroke of genius that alludes to the 1980s comedy, Cheers. Lets see how many of you youngins pick up on that! There are a lot of great quotables on this song, and I for one can not wait to hear his EP, Enticement, dropping sometime this week.