Smooth really doesn’t hit the tip of the ice berg when describing this joint. First, this beat should bring a smile to anyone listening, young and old alike. It’s mellow, jazzy, and just plain fun. It’s ok to have a good time making and listening to music. Something that I think both bloggers and artist alike can meditate on for a moment. Secondly, you’ve got The Audible Doctor, Oddisee, and Hassan Mackey kicking rhymes collectively. How can we not win?
This is of The Audible Doctor’s forthcoming EP, The Summer Tape. I know we will all like it.
Artist: Kaimbr x Kev Brown
Album: The Alexander Green Project
1. Solid (Feat. Kenn Starr & Sean Born) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
2. Gritz (Prod. By Kev Brown)
3. Audio Background (Prod. By Kev Brown)
4. Firewater (Feat. Cy Young) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
5. Hook (Prod. By Kev Brown)
6. Rapping (Feat. Sean Born) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
7. Songs (Prod. By Kev Brown)
8. My Apology (Prod. By Kev Brown)
9. Three Sixty (Prod. By Kev Brown)
10. Army Fatigue Rap (Feat. DJ Roddy Rod & Hassan Mackey) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
11. The Combination (Feat. Sean Born, Kenn Starr, Dj Marshall Law, Quatermaine, IQ & Hassan Mackey) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
12. We Getting On (Prod. By Kev Brown)
13. More Gritz (Feat. Asher Roth & The Kid Daytona) (Prod. By Kev Brown)
I am not up on Kaimbr. I saw him on the Rawkus 50 a few years ago but none of his music ever made it into my Ipod. Not because I didn’t like him as an artist, but I just have to claim ignorance on this one. Well, for my ears, the wait is finally over. The Alexander Green Project features the aforementioned Kaimbr flowing over Kev Brown production. That same production is based upon Al Green’s music. The project is very harmonious and proves to be a great listen by any standard of the imagination.