Vorheez sent this track to me a few weeks ago but I was in a Covid pandemic slumber so now it’s time to wake up and shine a light on this gem. Philip Drummond laces a boom-bap, funk, heat rock , while DJ Theory chops up the sounds making this track all things proper. Vorheez has a great flow and lyrical prowess to fall right in tandem with a voice that just stands out.
I hope we hear more from him soon!
Artist: Moke and Tone
Album: Shot Heard Around The World
01. F*ck Y’all (feat. DJ Theory)
02. Sh*t is a Trip
03. Shining (feat. DJ Theory)
04. Respect (feat. 1ne Man Sound, Black Buddha, Crooked I, Mr. Metaphor & DJ Theory)
05. False Flags (feat. Tools)
06. Emergency Broadcast
08. Pitch Black
09. The Dark And The Light (feat. Catalyst)
10. This Thing of Ours (feat. Vorheez)
11. My Life (feat. Toussaint The Liberator)
12. Shining (Tone’s Dubstep Remix)
I am familiar with one half of the duo Moke and Tone. Tone is a member of the Problemaddicts. A group that I got into a couple of years ago. They are very creative and lyrical in their endeavors. Also, Tone had a song on the Ide (Creative Juices) and Skavenger release called Razor. And that joint was in my Top 5o last year. So with all that background, I definitely wanted to hear what this duo had to offer and I was not disappointed in the least.