Good gracious! This track right here is simply the platinum standard for 2021. This production from Body Bag Ben is immaculate. And Chino XL continues to add to the legend he has garnered throughout the decades. The lines involving “golem” and “paying back student loans”…had me run this song back several times on their own merit. This track is something special.
I had no idea Chino XL had anything new in the works but he got together producer Balt Getty and crafted more greatness on top of an already stellar career. When it comes to ‘genius’ on the mic, Chino XL is unparalleled. Nobody constructs intricate lyricism like Chino. He refuses to dumb it down, and forces the listener to elevate their game. The whole, Chino vs. Balt, is impeccable! It certainly has a a throwback boom bap appeal, and that’s very indicative of the course of the EP.
Trust me…you are going to LOVE this!
Evolve also does a good job of holding his own with a lyrical heavyweight such as Chino. This track is off of Evolve’s forthcoming project, Be My Guest. If the project is half as good as this heat rock, it will be an auto-cop on my part!
Some new ill from Spit Gemz is a sight for sore eyes, and when you couple his high level of skill with a guest verse from the gawd Chino XL shit just becomes sublime. Stu Bangas laces the production and the emcees unleash salvo after salvo of heat. It’s honestly a lot of dope to take in for one cut.
I can’t wait for the project.
Saint Joe arrives on our pages with the crack of thunder. It looks like it’s been out for a while and I just missed it. The best way for me to describe this track with Chino XL and Chris Rivers is rawkus! The beat strikes like controlled chaos, while the emcees release an unrelenting fire. In particular Chino XL drops some ridiculously rapid fire delivery.
Thinning Out The Herd drops on August 5th and is available for Pre-Order.
Any cut with Chino XL is bound to be a win. Have you ever heard a wack bar from the man? Let me answer…no never. Over 20 years in this game and every verse has been incomparable.
You can say the same here over this E. Smitty production. The production provides the same level of intensity that Chino XL delivers.
I hope E. Smitty is working on an album because from what I have heard he has a great taste for beats and ear for working with the best emcees.
Akrobatik and LX Beats invite a few friends to rock over one of their cuts and the results are as expected: Dope. It’s a mingling of known and unknown quantities. We know what Reks, Akrobatik, and Chino XL are prone to deliver, but Redrama and Are stand a little less familiar, but it’s all good as everyone delivers a nice touch to the production from LX-Beats.
Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
Sean Price and Chino XL are now featured on the remix version of The Danger. Esoteric also tailors his own verse to give the song a new appeal. Chino XL of course drops one of those verses that leave your jaw dropped. Just give the man creative license and he is liable to steal the damn show.
This version is only going to be made available via 7″ record. So suck it digital era…haha.