C-Rayz Walz is one of the dopest and most consistent artists in hip hop. He is about to release another album entitled, The Black Arts. Be Yourself is a single to this upcoming project and features Dear Derrick and production from Tom Delay (who is a very gifted producer). Sharp bars and crisp beats…what else would you come to expect!
Album: Sounds Of The Great Ones
- Know Things (ft. DJ TMB)
- Hot Damn (ft. The Artifacts, Tiye Phoenix, and DJ Trickalone
- Rock The Bells (ft. Reks, C-Rayz Walz, and DJ TMB)
- My Grandma Used To Say
- Products Of The Environment (ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq and Cella Dwellas)
- Marvelous (Planet-ill)
- Make Ya Speakers Pop (ft. 9th Prince, Inspectah Deck, NLZ, and DJ TMB)
- Psalms 76
- It’s Over (ft. DJ TMB)
I am not going to start off this review by telling you how much I have been a fan of Venomous2000 over the years. That would be disingenuous. As a matter of fact, you won’t see too much music from him posted on this site since it’s inception. Honesty being the best policy, while I respected the man’s talent, I was never really “wowed” by his previous bodies of work, and I had purchased more than just a couple of projects.
C-Rayz Walz, independent hip hop artist, and legend if you ask me, has a new project out, Bad Fame: Music To Run With. The project dropped a few days ago, and it’s really dope. But in particular I am enamored with this J-Scrilla produced gem that features, Echo 1, Dro Pesci, and Oktober Zero. It’s just a banging track and that snaking sample Scrilla uses is sooooo on-point!
This video from the Savage Brothers comes off of their most recent effort, Freedom Or Death. This is probably my favorite track from the album, as the Snowgoons give this cut almost a heavenly vibe while the emcees put in their dirties work on the microphone. It’s a yin and yang thing working here. A definite plus is including the legend, C-Rayz Walz, on the cut.
Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
C-Rayz Walz has been making GREAT music for a LONG time. I think his music has been going under the radar though lately, and it’s up to us fans to spread the word. Stimuli reunites two founding members of the Stronghold family, Walz and L.I.F.E. Long. Their spittery is incredibly polished. John Robinson then adds his laid back approach to the mic while Jasiri X plays the anchor and ends the rhyme salvo with a furious sixteen.
If you are not in the know, Walz has released a new project entitled: ALMIGHTY: The Solar Facts There are so many ill bars on the project that you can just set aside your abacus and forget the count. Enjoy!
Artist: One Dae
Album: Daes & Times
1. Welcome Sinners
2. Bang This
4. Play By Play (ft. Evidence)
5. It’s Everywhere
6. A Long Way (ft. Statik Selektah)
7. Daes & Times (ft. C-Rayz Walz)
8. BK All Dae
9. Walk In My Shoes (ft. Dana Diaz-Tutaan)
10. Abu Ghraib (ft. Sean Price)
11. Earth Child (ft. Tsi La Brev)
12. Take A Look Around
13. End of the World
I really want to close out 2013, but I can not do so without cranking out one more review for a very dope album. The first thing heads will notice about the album Daes & Times is the production credits. There are some heavyweight names creating beats for One Dae. When listeners see names like Statik Selektah, Marco Polo, Analogic, Domingo, and M-Phazes, they are bound to pay attention. But as the man, Mike Zoot once said “a wack rhymer can kill a raw beat”. In this case the opposite is true: One Dae accentuates what these beatsmiths provide making this album memorable.
Pretty fresh video delivered from the incredibly well crafted album from One Dae, Daes & Times. I am going to try and get a review done for the album as I think it’s pretty mandatory at this point. The album knocks hard. If you enjoy this track with the legend C-Rayz Walz then for sure you are going to bump Dae’s album. Don’t sleep!
Disclaimer: It is hard and challenging to pick 50 tracks from the thousands upon thousands that dropped this year. It is merely an attempt to list my favorite cuts of 2012. Click the links to listen to the song! I think it’s a great list. There were a lot of great songs crafted this year and I know I left off some good ones. I listened to 5,000+ tracks from 2012 alone this year, so as an artist, if you made this list you know you are on the forefront of my iTunes!
1. Megatron Mindstate – Spit Gemz, Shaz Illyork, and DJ Brans brought the banger of the year early on in 2012. For me this track just set a standard that could not be surpassed. The beat was epic and the rhymes intermingled the streets with theology to provide a brief but concentrated delivery of dope.
2. Tragedy Text – RP from the Loyalty Digital game me the chills literally with this track about texting and driving and anyone who can provoke that type of response deserves to be acknowledged. One of the great conceptual songs in the last five years.
5. Lo Siento Amigo – Dub Sonata x Double AB brought a lot of flavor and context to this joint. Dub Sonata conjures a little latin boom bap and Double AB continues to be one of the best story telling emcees in the game, narrating a tale of romance, deception, and karma.
6. Local Artist – I could have honestly used any on the cuts off of The 17ths FREE EP. It’s a damn great EP and you can listen to it through and through. But this cut puts the listener in the shoes of your “local artist” and his life.
8. Heaven – While this is not on any particular album, Mike Beatz provides an amazing banger for the fans and the visuals from the video give you that serial killer feel. I can’t wait to hear more from this man in 2013.
34. Terminate On Site – CF drops another tough joint. Last year he brought ‘that fire’, and this year he ‘terminates on site’.
39. Rabbit Season – Craig G is an OG. He deosn’t care about end of the year accolades but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve them. He once again shows these youngsters how it is done…proper. Kids….go get your shine box!
42. Unlearn – Reks and Numonics kill the game with this track. These are two of my favorites in their selected fields. You can’t listen to this without stopping what you are doing and paying attention to the music,.