Fresh video single from Big Shug’s new album, The Diamond Report. It’s a really dope cut that features bars and talent from Boston’s own, M-Dot and Singapore Kane. All different styles with a very consistent message. The age of the ‘real rapper’ is dead so everyone needs to stop frontin’. The production comes from Reel Drama and is a stand out.
Mayhem & Soulslicers release the video for a single they released a month or so ago for the Boston anthem, Patriots. And while Tom Brady and company may have been knocked out of the playoffs, Mayhem and his affiliates definitely represent. Mayhem, Edo G, and M-Dot each represent a color from their favorite football team and paint a very vivid portrait of what it means to be from The Bean.
This cut is from the forthcoming album, Soul It May Seem.
This is the second single from Mayhem and The Soulslicers collaborative album, Soul It May Seem. I do have to say that I am not a Patriots fan of any sort but I will support these guys for the duration. Patriots is a tribute to Boston and sports team. It also showcases the gang’s creativity with M-Dot, Edo G, and Mayhem all taking on a color of the franchise to show their support. Big Shug lends his talents and skills to doing the hook. Very creative material.
Is Boston in the building? Is EMS in the building? Is the Gangstarr Foundation in the building? Hell yeah it is! Benefit, M-Dot, and Big Shug drop those bars heavy over the Norman Cratez’ production. Three different styles joining forces and each repping hard. This particular song will be showing up on Benefit’s forthcoming album, Timing Is Everything. Stay tuned!
Album: Layer Cake
02. B-Sting (Produced By JoniZ)
03. 123 Flow (Produced By Kore)
04. Taggant Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By Confidence & M-Credible) Cuts By DJ Family Tyz & DJ ToneDeff Cutz
05. The Difference (Produced By Soulslicers)
06. You Ain’t Ready Ft. Nutso (Produced By MidiFlash)
07. True Lies (Remix) Ft. Camp Lo & Tribeca (Produced By LP2)
08. Worldwide Ft. Armageddon (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
09. We Are (Produced By Onederkid)
10. Woke Up Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By DJ LP2)
12. The Doors Ft. EMS (Rev, Mayhem) & Olivia Pierson (Produced By LX Beats)
13. Unfukwitable (Produced By Sutter Kain)
14. Let it Out (Produced By DJ Connect)
15. El Mariachi Ft. Chaundon, Cymarshall Law & Daily Planet (Produced By Reef Ali) Cuts By DJ Grazzhoppa
16. Nothing To Fool With Ft. Hell Rell of Dipset & JTronius (Produced By FRZ)
17. Heavy Ft. Big Shug & Benefit of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez) Cuts By DJ Reel Drama
18. Numerical Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Misanthropist)
19. Circulate Ft. Dominique Larue & Boycott Blues (Produced By DWill)
20. Wall Flowers (Produced By MidiFlash)
21. Think Twice (Remix) (Intro By DJ Premier) Ft. Av’Rex, Big Shug, Singapore Kane & Krumb Snatcha (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
22. Xmas Broke Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez)
23. Backstabbers (Produced By Gajos)
Our reigning champ, M-Dot, shot this project over to me many moons ago, while he has been galavanting around Europe on tour with the likes of that group you may have heard of,…Slaughterhouse. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to get to do a write up on the project. Really, Layer Cake, is a collection of guest spots, features, and rarities that M-Dot has put out or been a part of in the last 12 months. While it isn’t an album, there are plenty of dope tracks collected together worth talking about.
All the emcees shine on this track but again, M-Dot’s (I am bias for sure) verse really stands out. It’s just more evidence of why this man was Artist Of The Year. Blaaaam!