Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
Man, AWKWORD’s album, World View, will finally see the day of light this weekend courtesy of the folks over at DJ Booth. You can actually stream the nineteen track album right now. I have heard a multitude of the tracks off the album and they all range from “good” to “excellent”. He tackles a lot of topics on the project so make sure you put your thinking cap on for this one. His last single before the album becomes official on Sunday is called, Gas Land, and features future hip hop HOFer, Chaundon. In particular the two tackle the topic of ‘fracking”. You can do the knowledge on that HERE. Meanwhile, enjoy the track.
AWKWORD decides to take a look back at a failed relationship and how he’s changed from that time. I like the direction that he took here. He broke away from the boom-bap and political material and crafted something personal. He’s done that before but it’s been a minute. Just in case you forgot, he’s got many a style, and you may hear them all if he drops the album World View.
Awkword unleashes another sampling from World View. This time welcoming the lyrical prowess of Chaundon and production talents of Numonics. Both Chaundon and Numonics are a staple of the musical diet here on HHD so when the three join forces it’s a given that this cut would get posted.
AWKWORD is still pushing these World View singles. It’s an album that I have been waiting to purchase as a package for a while but I may have to start compiling these singles one by one.
This track to me is like the hip hop version of Billy Joel’s We Didn’t Start The Fire except with a dope beat from King P and dope lyricism from an assortment of dope emcees. This is a great cut that even the most fickle hip hop fan can appreciate.
More music from Awkword’s World View project. This time he leaves the guest work out of it and drops every bar himself. The production from ATG is a combination of hip hop and old west saloon music, but when DJ Dyllemma chops it up you get a complete hip hop vibe.
Yo Awkword! Can we get that World View album in it’s entirety? I’ve got some dolo to to put towards the cause!
Anyways…back to the song at hand. The emcees are playing the pied piper over this flute, just leading the masses. I also am reminded during this track how slept on The Kid Daytona is. That was a dope verse. All verses were on point…but, damn…his was off the richter.
Make sure you check my interview with Awkword if you never had a chance. Dude opens up…
New music from Awkword’s, World View Project. I really need to hone in on when this album is going to be completed so I can buy the complete package. A lot of dope music has been incorporated already. Diggin’ this song and the collection of artists he got to join him.
Awkword has been at this project since 2009 and will release the album in it’s entirety in 2012. All proceeds from the project will be going to the non-profit group, Guns 4 Cameras. You can find out more about the project on Awkword’s website.
But along with the good cause comes great music that I wanted to share with you. The other side of the project is that he is using producers and artists from across the globe, bringing to light production talent we have never heard before. Awkword has put out some dope material. Enjoy and support a good cause.
I have seen this name floating out there for some time. This is my first time really sitting down to listen to Awkword though. I like what I hear from this single off his yet to be released album, World View. Therapy music…