Album: egO anD The eneMy
- Days Are All The Same
- Nomads (ft. Krumbsnatcha)
- The Empathy
- Gleamin’ (ft. B.A.M.)
- Give It To Me
- Fugazzi (ft. Jaysaun)
- No Excuses
- Shine (ft. Method Man and Dominique Larue)
- Meow Mix
- True Lies (ft. Camp Lo and Tribeca)
- Death To Raquel
It is no secret around these parts that M-Dot is a much respected name. We feature nearly all of his music. But it’s also been a minute since he has released an album and in the end it’s time to take account, because creating an album is a much different endeavor than dropping singles or mixtapes. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
But in the end, M-Dot, met and exceeded expectations with egO anD The eneMy. The album remains potent from track one to track seventeen. There is no “fluff”. There are no trivial skits. There are no weaknesses to be found in the music.
Project: Before The Enemy Compilation
- Shine (ft. Method Man, Dominique Larue, and Katy Gunn)
- True Lies (Remix) (ft. Camp Lo and Tribeca)
- The Rea & The Raw (ft. Jaysaun)
- 123 Flow
- You Don’t Know About (ft. Masta Ace)
While we all eagerly anticipate M-Dot’s album, Ego and The Enemy, he has released a teaser project once again showing the assortment and diversity of talent. This is old hat for us here at Hip Hop Dependency, but I am sure there are more than just a few of you who will appreciate these dope eight tracks.
You can see the company he keeps on some of these tracks and let me assure you, he was never out shined on any of these cuts. I hope you all can appreciate that talent as much as we do.
Stay tuned for more information on the album!
Revalation released this posse cut from his Feature Presentation project that drops tomorrow. Skammadix, the producer, makes this joint absolutely go! It’s got that uptempo BPM with some banging keys that are sure to get the a’ snappin. The lineup of Rev, JoJo Rose, B.A.M., Tribeca, Ellementt, and Punchline all proceed to do some serious work.
Mayhem from the EMS camp broke me off with this new track by Tribeca that he is featured on. Forever Rain is something that us regular folk can really find solace in. Sometimes we feel like circumstances and conditions are constantly against us, but we still persevere. The chorus by Lisa Denise is also a highlight here. Her voice relates to the hope that the emcees are referring to.
This video for The Business, is mad creative in addition to being a dope song. I mean, you can’t lose when you have Torae, M-Dot, and Tribeca represent but the quality of this video takes it next level. The cut itself is off of Reckonize Real’s new album, Dopamine, That album has a slew of bangers on it so I would not hesitate to pick that up.
Let start off by saying I love this beat. It’s unique and offers a different sound than I am used to hearing. Add to the fact, that producer Reckonize Real accesses the services of Torae, M-Dot, and Tribeca, you have nothing short of a winner. This is a true gem to those of us who like our hip hop raw and uncut with a touch of flair. I can’t wait to hear more. The producer’s album, Dopamine, should be dropping in June.
New video from Mayhem and Jerz’s MayJerzachusetts Island project. Jerz give this track the bluesy touch withe the production. Tribeca, EK, and Mayhem make the most of the dope beat and rock it proper. Check out this mixtape when you have a moment. It’s worth the time but maybe you weren’t meant to comprehend it…
Possibly one of the most innovative videos done this year to go along with the fact that it s a great song. JD Nero and Tribeca drop verses that show that they’re not going to be force fed the ideas proposed by the media over some nice production from Daveytree.
This song can be found on the compilation album, Audiowear.
I posted the OG Version of this track months ago and now the good folks wanted to remind you of how dope this track is again, this time be shooting us the remix of the track that is featured on M-Dot’s latest mixtape, Layer Cake. It’s equally as potent as the first with a slightly more energetic vibe. Peep…
Album: Layer Cake
02. B-Sting (Produced By JoniZ)
03. 123 Flow (Produced By Kore)
04. Taggant Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By Confidence & M-Credible) Cuts By DJ Family Tyz & DJ ToneDeff Cutz
05. The Difference (Produced By Soulslicers)
06. You Ain’t Ready Ft. Nutso (Produced By MidiFlash)
07. True Lies (Remix) Ft. Camp Lo & Tribeca (Produced By LP2)
08. Worldwide Ft. Armageddon (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
09. We Are (Produced By Onederkid)
10. Woke Up Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By DJ LP2)
12. The Doors Ft. EMS (Rev, Mayhem) & Olivia Pierson (Produced By LX Beats)
13. Unfukwitable (Produced By Sutter Kain)
14. Let it Out (Produced By DJ Connect)
15. El Mariachi Ft. Chaundon, Cymarshall Law & Daily Planet (Produced By Reef Ali) Cuts By DJ Grazzhoppa
16. Nothing To Fool With Ft. Hell Rell of Dipset & JTronius (Produced By FRZ)
17. Heavy Ft. Big Shug & Benefit of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez) Cuts By DJ Reel Drama
18. Numerical Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Misanthropist)
19. Circulate Ft. Dominique Larue & Boycott Blues (Produced By DWill)
20. Wall Flowers (Produced By MidiFlash)
21. Think Twice (Remix) (Intro By DJ Premier) Ft. Av’Rex, Big Shug, Singapore Kane & Krumb Snatcha (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
22. Xmas Broke Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez)
23. Backstabbers (Produced By Gajos)
Our reigning champ, M-Dot, shot this project over to me many moons ago, while he has been galavanting around Europe on tour with the likes of that group you may have heard of,…Slaughterhouse. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to get to do a write up on the project. Really, Layer Cake, is a collection of guest spots, features, and rarities that M-Dot has put out or been a part of in the last 12 months. While it isn’t an album, there are plenty of dope tracks collected together worth talking about.