Truth’s album, From Ashes To Kingdom Come, dropped late last week and I strongly suggest that you pick that up. The vibe that you get from this cut featuring Sean Price, is exact to that of the whole album. There is a ton of boom bap going on here. Production comes courtesy of JK1 The Supernova.
One Dae is out to follow up his phenomenal album from 2013, Daes & Times. If you didn’t check that album, you need to go and recap with that now, and then check this song. When you get done with that, now you can hear how hard this song bangs! Sean Price joins One Dae for an assortment of bars over a banger that comes from Freestyla.
I am not sure this track is a part of the project, but The Philosopher’s Stoned is his new full length with no said date.
Artist: William Cooper
Album: God’s Will
01. Yesterday (God Frequency)
02. God’s Will (feat. Pace Won)
03. Something Ain’t Right (feat. Nature)
04. Grym Reaper
05. Never Fall
06. Blue Dreaming
07. True-n-Livin’ Nightmares (feat. Reef The Lost Cauze & Sticky Fingaz)
08. Stairway to the Matrix
9. Morpheus Prophecies (feat. Planet Asia)
10. Verbal Checkmate (feat. Killah Priest)
11. Holy Mountain (feat. Sean Price & Stoneface)
12. Secrets of Oz
13. The Cycle (feat. Ill Bill & Trife Diesel)
14. Volcanic Winter (feat. 9th Prince)
15. 7th Odyssey (feat. Timbo King & Killah Priest)
16. Channel Z
17. Zombieland (feat. Diabolic)
18. Marvelous Minds (feat. Big Twins & Big Noyd)
19. Closer to God (feat. Rah Digga)
20. MC Supremacy
21. Second Chance (feat. Stoneface)
23. The Sequel
24. My Brother’s Keeper (feat. Stoneface)
25. Ultimate Spit (feat. Young Zee)
26. Illustrious Vision
I can’t think of an album in recent memory that was this long that maintained this much consistency as does God’s Will from William Cooper. When listening to this album you will notice a cohesiveness you typically don’t associate with a project of this length. In my mind that’s just one of the things that makes this album special. There are so many individual components that contribute to making this album a must listen so let’s take a look at some of those finer points.
Diabolic drops the final single before his album, Fightin Words, drops this coming Tuesday. So if you have been fiending for that braggadocio and in your face flavor, make sure you get in line for this release. ‘Bolic leaves no bar untouched when he invited Sean Price and Vinnie Paz to drop some lines. This is that un-traditional tough talk, ya hear me fella?
Who needs a hook when you have exceptional word play? 7evenThirty and Sean Price can save you the studio time without the need for a catch hook. We brought you the single the other day, and what I sad then still stands: This joint is one of the dopest this year. Gensu Dean creates some production as dark as the night in this video.
The Problem drops next week. Get in line.
Gensu Dean ain’t right for this beat! This is creeper music right here. The kind of production that haunts emcees in their dreams. Luckily 7evenThirty and Sean Price are well versed (no pun intended) in tackling this beat. Great music and great bars.
Both singles have been real nice for Dean and 7evenThirty’s collaborative project, The Problem. There are some high expectations set for this project.
Album: World View
1. Gas Land (Frack Off) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] | World View Intro 04:31
2. Throw Away The Key [prod. by L.Ment (Canada)] 05:44
3. Bars & Hooks ft. Sean Price, The Kid Daytona & The Incomparable Shakespeare [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:48
4. Penny [prod. by Dismas (Romania)] 02:55
5. The People’s Champions ft. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Punchline & Beretta 9 (of Killarmy) [prod. by Harry Fraud] 04:55
6. Got Class? [prod. by Fresh Nerd] 02:16
7. Notorious ft. Wordsmith, Jasiri X, Jus Daze & Capital X [prod. by Amin PaYnE (Australia)] 05:18
8. Doctor Doctor ft. GuessWho? [prod. by MajoR R.E. (Malaysia)] 04:34
9. Requiem ft. SoulStice, Ess Vee & CuzOH! Black [prod. by ATG] [add. vox by Jay Daniels (Australia) & Mark Deez] 04:40
10. Melting Pot (Made In America) ft. Chaundon [prod. by Numonics] 03:57
11. Rape [prod. by Fafu] 02:53
12. Rap Genius ft. Perseverance & Chino XL [prod. by The White Shadow (Norway)] 03:51
13. It’s Not Possible [prod. by Recluse Crew (Finland)] 01:42
14. #AaronSwartz ft. L*A*W [prod. by Steel Tipped Dove] 03:28
15. The World Is Yours ft. Sha Stimuli & Viro The Virus [prod. by Dominant1 (Malawi)] 03:53
16. Imperialism ft. C-Rayz Walz & Reks [prod. by Jonny Lupo (Moldova)] 04:08
17. Radio 2.0 ft. KRS-One, Dug Infinite, Brimstone127 & Mista Lawnge (of Black Sheep) [prod. by Vice Souletric] 04:51
18. Metal Music ft. El Gant, ILL BILL, Tenacity & Blame One [prod. by Tranzformer] 05:09
19. Go! ft. Joell Ortiz, Slug (of Atmosphere) & Maya Azucena [prod. by Domingo] 03:25
This review for AWKWORD’s World View has been a long time coming. It’s a long time coming for two reasons: 1) AWKWORD has been working on his magnum opus for well over three years 2) I took another two months to digest the project in between other releases. But here we are at the moment of reckoning to determine what makes World View special, or if it’s indeed special at all.
Sean Price and Chino XL are now featured on the remix version of The Danger. Esoteric also tailors his own verse to give the song a new appeal. Chino XL of course drops one of those verses that leave your jaw dropped. Just give the man creative license and he is liable to steal the damn show.
This version is only going to be made available via 7″ record. So suck it digital era…haha.
Disclaimer: It is hard and challenging to pick 50 tracks from the thousands upon thousands that dropped this year. It is merely an attempt to list my favorite cuts of 2012. Click the links to listen to the song! I think it’s a great list. There were a lot of great songs crafted this year and I know I left off some good ones. I listened to 5,000+ tracks from 2012 alone this year, so as an artist, if you made this list you know you are on the forefront of my iTunes!