Oh yeah!!!!! This song has got me so hype! Purpose (Tragic Allies) has a new project coming our called The Quintessential dropping soon and the whole body of work is produced by B.B.Z. Darney.
Darney is one of my favorite producers over the course of the last two or three years. He only produces brilliance and Purpose and Saigon each drop substantially dope verses in between scratches from DJ Philogic.
Whole joint is an A+
Who better to echo the codes of the street than the one and only Kool G Rap, Termanology, and Saigon? Everyone is gunning for the spot…for your spot. So stick to the protocol, ya dig? This song is tough. MoSS has got the horns blowing and the drums a snapping on this joint.
There’s so much more from G Rap, and you need to check out his album, Return Of The Don.
Fire Power is an appropriate name for this song. The beat, samples, and scratches all add the appropriate level of intensity for these gritty emcees. Saigon, Blaq Poet, and GQ Nothin’ Pretty all bring their unique styles and voices to the track and leave an indelible imprint. There is an updated version of the track that adds a verse from King Magnetic and that will appear on DJ Tray’s forthcoming album, BWTG.
Album: Me, Myself & Akai
01. Talib Kweli – The Proud
02. Sean Price – Spliff-n-Wessun (feat. Rustee Juxx)
03. eMC – Four Brothers
04. eMC – Borrow U
05. Black Star – Bright As the Stars
06. Wordsworth – Evol (feat. Justin Time & Masta Ace)
07. Rakim – A Cold Feeling
08. Talib Kweli – Joy (feat. Mos Def)
09. Inspectah Deck – The Movement
10. P Dap, Matt Fingaz & Nature – The Big Hurt
11. Saigon – Do You Know
12. Cormega – Rap’s a Hustle
13. Wordsworth – Right Now
14. Mos Def – Know That (feat. Talib Kweli)
15. Ghostface Killah & Mos Def – Ms. Fat Booty 2
16. Mos Def – Ms. Fat Booty
17. Masta Ace – Hold U (feat. Jean Grae)
18. Ghostface Killah – Odd Couple (feat. Cappadonna)
19. eMC – The Grudge
20. Ilacoin, Labba & Black Rob – By a Stranger
21. Silent Knight – Verbal Assault (feat. Tiffany Paige)
22. Okai – No Question (feat. Vinia Mojica)
23. R.A. the Rugged Man – Chains (feat. Masta Killa & Killah Priest)
24. Inspectah Deck – Vendetta
25. B-1 – Put Yo’ Self In My Place (feat. Large Professor)
26. Tek (of Smif-n-Wessun) – All Massive
27. Styles P & Pharoahe Monch – The Life
28. DJ K.O. – 3 In the Chamber (feat. O.C., Torae & Kaze)
29. The Dwellas – Game of Death
30. Royce da 5’9″ – Life (feat. Amerie)
31. Corgema – Bring It Back
32. Sean Price – Jesus Price
33. Masta Ace – 2’s and 3’s
34. Tragedy Khadafi – Lift Ya Glass
This release serves to wet the listener’s appetite and get you ready for Ayatollah’s forthcoming album Avant Garde which is going to drop on March 5th. As you can see from the track listing, Ayatollah has worked with some of the industry’s biggest names.
Elementality has released this collection of songs in a continuous 40 minute mix to showcase some of the highlights from his body of the work. My hope is that you will DL, throw it in the iPod (or like device) and get familiar or re-familiar, whichever is the case.
JR&PH7 are notorious German producers with a penchant for dropping the freshness. This time they go a little edgier with their emcee line up, incorporating the flows of Freeway, Saigon, and Ras Kass over their funky endeavor.
Artist: Rite Hook
Album: Draw You In
01. Draw You In (Feat. Lisa Bello)
02. Now And Then
03. Walk This Town (Feat. Planet Asia And Copywrite)
04. Bear With Me
07. She’s Crazy
08. Lock Eyes On The Enemy (Feat. Saigon And JoJo Pellegrino)
09. King Of The Throne
10. Cuttin Down (Feat. Stu Cat)
12. Take My Picture
14. Lose Control (Feat. Action Bronson)
16. Come Tommorrow
17. D.E.A.D End (Bonus Track)
I make no secrets on this blog about the artists I am feeling. And usually, the pattern repeats, as consistency appeals to me. This brings us to the latest work by Boston artist, Rite Hook. I have spoken to his appeal before but to recap previous posts, Rite Hook has great song making ability. He is able to put intelligent and emotional music together. He also has become a master at being able to construct dope hooks. His dark crooning really ties his songs together.