Big Turks is comprised of Rome Streetz, Lord Juco, and Jamal Gasol and they unleash what could be a summertime anthem with their new joint, Turkish Delight. The rhythm and the rhymes will have you in a trance if you are not careful. As an added bonus you have the venerable rhyme spitta’ Planet Asia there to set it off with an impeccable verse.
There is a BIG project in the works for this tandem, so be on the lookout for something fantastic in the near future.
Planet Asia dropping bars over Dirty Diggs is always a win in my book. This track is the very definition of smooth and soulful. You can find this track off of Asia’s new street album, Initials On My Jewelry which is out everywhere. Do not sleep on one of the greatest ever to do it.
Well, here we are! Our Top 10 albums from 2018. I literally listened to hundreds of projects this year so giving you a top ten was no easy task considering not only the number of albums but also the quality. And these lists are always prone to spark debate and conversation, but that’s part of the fun, isn’t it? I simply wanted to shine a light on my favorite joints this year and in part give my definitive salute as a fan to these artists and their body of work. Here we go…Enjoy!!
Planet Asia is an originator and the style and vision he has shown have been the template for so many artists, and I think it’s about time people give credit to where it is due. He’s been cultivating his sound for almost two decades and remains a gold standard for me and my ear over the years. And he’s back at it, flipping his smooth style along with comrade, TriState, over another delicious treat from Dirty Diggs.
His new album, Keita, is in the works and we should hopefully be seeing that soon.
Who is doing smooth hip-hop better than the producer Dirty Diggs? Who has been a more prolific producer in 2018 other than, you guessed it, Dirty Diggs? The answer is no one. The man is next level and he linked up with an incredibly talented emcee, Nowaah The Flood for their collaborative project, Private Stock. On the track, The Gratuity, the duo links up with the legend Planet Asia. Smooth production + dope bars = fiya track!
Artist: DJ Enyoutee
Album: Power Of Words
1. Milano Constantine – Flying Saucers produced by DJ Enyoutee
2. King Magnetic & SmooVth – Broadcasting Live produced by Haleem The GodBrother
3. Alpha Faktion – Creative Control “Re-Program” produced by Venom
4. D Strong & King RA – VLAD TV produced by Supreme Da Almighty
5. Realio Sparkzwell – Save My City produced by Plague MD
6. Zagnif Nori & King Author – Head Hunting produced by Plague MD
7. Dirt Platoon – ’88 produced by 3I’sYd
8. Rap P – Make It or Take It produced by Supreme Da Almighty
9. The Bad Seed – What I’m On produced by Tensho
10. Alpha Faktion & Starvin B – Inner Savage produced by Plague MD
11. Planet Asia, Tone Cuff, Krumb Snatcha – Sacred Math produced by Plague MD
12. I.N.F. – The Cycle produced by Plague MD
13. Reap – Who Knows? produced by Plague MD
14. Toxsicpreme Al-Amin – Shine produced by Rebelxgenius
15. D.V. Alias Khryst, Rock of Heltah Skeltah, Lord Have Mercy – Veteran Status Remix produced by DLP
16. Whichcraft – Bring The Light produced Plague MD
17. Born Unique & Milano Constantine – Destruct produced by DJ Spinna
18. UG, Skanks the Rap Martyr, King Author, Nowaah The Flood, DJ Tekwun, The Bad Seed, Zagnif Nori – Strength In Numbers produced by The Custodian Of Records
19. Planet Asia & Goretex – Return To Power produced by Supreme Da Almighty
20. L.E.O. & Last Measure – Ample Time produced by Plague MD
21. Alpha Faktion – Breaking Ground produced by Chess Pain
22. IDE – Mic Hog produced by DJ Enyoutee
23. Planet Asia – Over The Airwaves produced by Plague MD
24. Starvin B – The Flame Thrower produced by Plague MD
25. Planet Asia, Tone Cuff, Krumb Snatcha – Sacred Math Remix produced by Mr. Jack
I have yet to listen to this but I HAD to get it out there. DJ Enyoutee started releasing some singles months ago, and I had made the suggestion that these should be compiled in some form or fashion and I was told that was definitely going to be happening. And the Power Of Words is that thought to fruition.
I mean just look at this lineup! There are so many ill spittas and producers on this thing you can not go wrong! This is the kind of project that we run this site for! Awesome lineup and technically you can get it for free. But if you don’t put something down on a project of this nature…I am calling it right now…bitch move.
Put to the cause and support good music!
Planet Asia and Supreme Cerebral rock over a super smooth and jazzy production. The horns on this joint are ever so effortless. You can find this joint along with a host of other dope ones on Asia’s latest project, Mansa Musa.
Planet Asia is gearing up for another album, Mansa Musa, which is set to drop in a couple of days and since the man can do no wrong, and you love hip hop, this is an auto-cop. Who has consistently dropped more dopeness than Planet Asia over the years? No one has delivered what he has with this type of consistency.
On the single, Mansa Musa Medallions, Hus Kingpin and Smoovth join Planet Asia over a glorious production from J.O.D. The track has an ill, yet glorious flavor about it.
Sav Killz unleashes a hidden banger from the vaults that features an electric line up of emcees including Planet Asia and Killa Ben. Gold Chain Military in full effect! These gents are rocking over an instrumental crafted by Dirty Diggs. The strings over the drums give this track a hard hitting yet funky vibe. How this track was unreleased until now is beyond me. This track is ill. Banger & B-Sides 2 is coming!
Shabaam Sahdeeq links up with Planet Asia and Milano Constantine for this single off of DotGoIt.com’s forthcoming 10th Anniversary Mixtape. First off, this track is that fire that stalks you down a dark alley and then throttles your eardrums. The styles of each emcee are really complimentary over this DJ Ready Cee production.
Secondly, huge shout out to DotGotIt!. I think moreso than another blog, they have delivered rawness at an incredibly consistent pace. They haver personally put me on to many dope artists and projects that I may have never checked for. And truly that’s the purpose of what we should be doing. We are not necessarily taste makers, we are just making fans more aware of what’s out there. 10 Years in the game…congratulations!