Artist: One Dae
Album: Daes & Times
1. Welcome Sinners
2. Bang This
4. Play By Play (ft. Evidence)
5. It’s Everywhere
6. A Long Way (ft. Statik Selektah)
7. Daes & Times (ft. C-Rayz Walz)
8. BK All Dae
9. Walk In My Shoes (ft. Dana Diaz-Tutaan)
10. Abu Ghraib (ft. Sean Price)
11. Earth Child (ft. Tsi La Brev)
12. Take A Look Around
13. End of the World
I really want to close out 2013, but I can not do so without cranking out one more review for a very dope album. The first thing heads will notice about the album Daes & Times is the production credits. There are some heavyweight names creating beats for One Dae. When listeners see names like Statik Selektah, Marco Polo, Analogic, Domingo, and M-Phazes, they are bound to pay attention. But as the man, Mike Zoot once said “a wack rhymer can kill a raw beat”. In this case the opposite is true: One Dae accentuates what these beatsmiths provide making this album memorable.
Silent Knight release Holla Burton in 2008 and now he’s re-releasing the project which includes the instrumentals to the original twelve song. Anything, SK puts out is worth listening to and this no different. You’ve got production from !llmind, Analogic, M-Phazes, Jake One and DJ Vadim. That’s some of the illest beatsmiths in the game. It’s Christmas and this is a true gift. I’ve owned it for a while, now it’s your turn to catch up!
1. Holla Burton Intro
2. Regular Guy (produced by !llmind)
3. Pop Culture Shock (produced by Jake One)
4. Scarlet Fever (feat. East) (produced by Erv Ford)
5. Where Is It Goin? (produced by DJ Vadim)
6. Be OK (produced by M-Phazes)
7. The Journey Continues (produced by DJ Ings)
8. The Wager (feat. 8thW1 & Fresh Daily as Charlie Brown’s Field Goal) (produced by !llmind)
9. What Makes U (produced by Erv Ford)
10. Goin’ Get It (produced by Analogic)
11. Block Justice (produced by M-Phazes)
12. Siren Symphony (produced by Erv Ford)
Sean Price linking with M-Phazes? Ain’t nothing wrong with that. Dump In The Gut intertwines Sean P’s signature flow and punchlines with Phazes’ blazing horns and snapping drums. However, this is just the prelude to their full length project dropping in just a couple of weeks. Land of the Crooks is dropping on December 17th. Nice surprise.
Who wouldn’t want to go shopping with the Brown Bag AllStars? Visually they take you there. This tracks is off of M-Phazes’ Phazed Out remix lp from Coalmine Records.
I am not sure what project this will be on. I will try to find out. It has been a long time since I have heard some new Awar music and I am anxious to hear a new album. This cut doesn’t help me with anticipation. This track and video fall in the beyond real category. The story to this track is definitely something for folks to feel. The track is produced by the venerable M-Phazes. Stay tuned for more music from Awar.