Al-One must’ve been fiending for something funky, because that’s exactly what !LLMIND provided him with. It’s hard to make it any funkier without James Brown actually blessing the track himself. This is about three minutes worth of a good time placed into a song. I am not sure if this is part of a bigger project but we can hope…
Silent Knight release Holla Burton in 2008 and now he’s re-releasing the project which includes the instrumentals to the original twelve song. Anything, SK puts out is worth listening to and this no different. You’ve got production from !llmind, Analogic, M-Phazes, Jake One and DJ Vadim. That’s some of the illest beatsmiths in the game. It’s Christmas and this is a true gift. I’ve owned it for a while, now it’s your turn to catch up!
1. Holla Burton Intro
2. Regular Guy (produced by !llmind)
3. Pop Culture Shock (produced by Jake One)
4. Scarlet Fever (feat. East) (produced by Erv Ford)
5. Where Is It Goin? (produced by DJ Vadim)
6. Be OK (produced by M-Phazes)
7. The Journey Continues (produced by DJ Ings)
8. The Wager (feat. 8thW1 & Fresh Daily as Charlie Brown’s Field Goal) (produced by !llmind)
9. What Makes U (produced by Erv Ford)
10. Goin’ Get It (produced by Analogic)
11. Block Justice (produced by M-Phazes)
12. Siren Symphony (produced by Erv Ford)
This is the solo version of a track that originally featured multiple artists on DJ K.O.’s EMPBeTheTeam. This version is headed for Silent Knight’s Busy Is My Best Friend II. This track has all the soul in the world and add Silent Knight’s conviction, you can count this one as a winner.
Here’s another artist making waves in Texas. OBX is impressive over this !llmind beat. And that beat is very dope by the way. His last EP Rage was good, but this cut is a step above what we heard on that EP. He displays a nice flow. This is that boom-bap by way of San Antionio. Respect…
Don Streat bringing out that B’More fiya. He brought a few cohorts on this one with the beat laced by none other than !llmind and cutz by DJ Grazzhoppa. This one should knock in your system for more than just a few days.
I really enjoy where !llmind took this beat. It was very creative to use that chopped vocal sample as the basis for the remix. The Nu World Remix EP drops next week. Definitely check for that. Meanwhile…