It can be said that another mainstay on Hip Hop Dependency is the emcee, Godilla. He always pumps out a premium product with solid rhymes and a keen ear for beats. He also has an uncanny tendency to link up with some ill emcees. On the track, Sheep, you have him connecting with Natural Elements’ emcee, Mister Voodoo aka AGU.
The production is ill with snapping drums, coupled with a piano, and spaced out rhythms. The lyricism is impeccable.
This track is found on Godilla’s newly released EP, Cerveza, which is a collection of loosies. But let me tell you, everyone of these tracks goes hard and you will not be diasspointed.
Spic Academy is back with their second single,Loud Pack, which they are delivering loud and proud. This song is a little more upbeat and fun from JBL The Titan, Adrian Adonis, Godilla, and DJ Rybe. Lots of dope rhymes and scratching on this joint!
I hope the album is dropping soon.
The homie Godilla put me onto this new illness from his new group, Spic Academy. The group consists of emcees, Adrian Adonis and the aforementioned Godilla, along with producers JBL The Titan and DJ Rybe.
Word is out that the group has an EP in the works, and the proof is in the pudding, so if you feel this track is ill, undoubtedly you are going to feel the project.
Wack rappers best call a full retreat because it’s not safe outside for you when Eff Yoo and Godilla’s project, They Came On Horseback, drops next week. This joint has bars that are toxic to the weak minded. The guys bring a militia with them in the form of Shabaam Sahdeeq, Adlib, Spit Gemz, and UG. Those are top notch artists delivering equally to notch material.
I had no idea this was even in the works. Didn’t know that Eff Yoo and Godilla even were aware of each other. It’s really quite awesome when two artists of this caliber link up though. I have long been a fan of Godilla and became aware of Eff Yoo a couple of years ago and he’s been droppin’ dope music ever since. The whole project is due out on June 3rd and I am anxious to hear what the two have cooked up. This is definitely a short but dope banger!
Artist: Matt Maddox
Album: Righteous Fury (Amazon, iTunes)
1. No Country For Old Men produced by Engineer
2. Interlude produced by Sultan Mir
3. Sick & Tired cuts by TMB produced by Sultan Mir
4. BARbarians ft Godilla, UG & Born Unique produced by Hellzwind
5. Work ft Mina Fedora produced by Skammadix
6. El Mariachi produced by Nemesis
7. The Get Back ft King Magnetic produced by Skammadix
8. Comedy Pt 1 produced by Skammadix
9. Murder Weapons ft Swann Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
10. Spider Man ft Adlib & Reef The Lost Cauze produced by Vanderslice
11. Mjolnir ft Burke the Jurke Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
12. King Killer produced by Sicknature (of Germany’s Snowgoons)
13. Olympus Has Fallen Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
14. Upon A Pale Horse ft Edd Bundy Cuts by TMB produced by the UK’s Edd Bundy
15. Comedy Pt 2 produced by Skammadix
16. A Time To Kill Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
17. Street Art ft Tragedy Khadafi Cuts by TMB produced by Skammadix
18. Reality’s a Bitch produced by Skammadix
19. Show Must Go On produced by Nemesis
Some albums ease a listener into the moment, while others grab you by the throat and demand your attention. Righteous Fury, the most recent album from Matt Maddox, is going to fall in the latter category. From the instant you hear the first cut. you are both engaged and threatened by what you hear. You are threatened because, from the jump, you find out that Maddox is not going to be mincing words and he will name names of those siting on the pedestals. He has thrown ‘today’s hip hop’ on it’s head and as a listener you can not remove the headphones, you become obligated to listen to this release from start to finish.
I am incredibly honored that Godilla blessed HHD with this new single (exclusive for the moment) featuring Tug McRaw. Quite simply, Hardcore Styles bangs! This beat along with the scratching is just plain infectious. The verbage is also quite proper. Altogether it’s the type of flavor that keeps the block hot and happy.
If you have not checked Godilla’s latest project, Altered Beast, make sure you do that at this point. That is a literal gift to hip hop heads because it’s free. Also, I feature the homie Godilla quite a bit but I don’t often get a chance to share Tug McRaw’s material with you. The man has an ill voice and demeanor and you will be hearing a lot more material in the near future. Tell me that second verse wasn’t fire….
Darkness serves as a bonus song to Godilla’s latest release, Altered Beast. The track once again features one of the most coveted emcees in the game, Spit Gemz. The track is dark, yet hype and contains many an ill bar. Be sure to cop the album as it is free and houses a grip of tracks with the same tenacity as this one.
I am not sure if I have ever heard of CapCizza before. Yeah, I am pretty sure this is my first sampling. But I am damn sure I have heard from Godilla before. The Fresh Peddler fixes up the boom-bap and the two emcees lay it to rest. All in all, it’s the hard-hittin’ material you have come to expect here on HHD.
A couple of other points:
1) This track is coming off of CapCizza’s The Magic Hour Bonus Tracks.
2) If you didn’t catch the initial offering, you can DL The Magic Hour now.
I am not big on putting up YouTube videos as a “single” but I am really not given a choice. I would rather get the word out on this dope release than ignore it. KEY N ONE release We Do Rough as a prelude to their album, Samples, Beats & Insomnia : The Lifestyle. Each guest verse is proper as is the production. So enjoy this joint…