Silent Knight release Holla Burton in 2008 and now he’s re-releasing the project which includes the instrumentals to the original twelve song. Anything, SK puts out is worth listening to and this no different. You’ve got production from !llmind, Analogic, M-Phazes, Jake One and DJ Vadim. That’s some of the illest beatsmiths in the game. It’s Christmas and this is a true gift. I’ve owned it for a while, now it’s your turn to catch up!
1. Holla Burton Intro
2. Regular Guy (produced by !llmind)
3. Pop Culture Shock (produced by Jake One)
4. Scarlet Fever (feat. East) (produced by Erv Ford)
5. Where Is It Goin? (produced by DJ Vadim)
6. Be OK (produced by M-Phazes)
7. The Journey Continues (produced by DJ Ings)
8. The Wager (feat. 8thW1 & Fresh Daily as Charlie Brown’s Field Goal) (produced by !llmind)
9. What Makes U (produced by Erv Ford)
10. Goin’ Get It (produced by Analogic)
11. Block Justice (produced by M-Phazes)
12. Siren Symphony (produced by Erv Ford)
Artist: DJ K.O.
1.Stand Up! (feat. Silent Knight, Jered Sanders, Justin Bates, K-Hill, East & MadKem)
2.I Can Tell (Remix) [feat. MadKem, Silent Knight & K-Hill]
3.Pick a Card (feat. Justin Bates)
4.Meek Man’s Dream (feat. Jered Sanders)
5.Drunk Girls (feat. MadKem, Jered Sanders & Silent Knight)
6.EMP Cypher (feat. MadKem, Silent Knight, Jered Sanders, Justin Bates & K-Hill)
7.Power of the Tongue (feat. K-Hill)
8.Ogre (feat. Silent Knight)
9.Kill ‘Em (feat. Justin Bates & MadKem)
10.A Few Good Men (feat. MadKem, Justin Bates, Silent Knight & K-Hill)
11.Do Ya Thing (feat. East)
12.Seize the Moment (feat. MadKem)
Elementality is home to some of the most talented emcees and producers in the business and it all starts from DJ K.O. He can orchestrate some beautiful music with his team and that’s exactly what he does with EMPBeTheTeam. Everything is done in house production wise and with the duties on the mic because when your camp is this talented you don’t have to rely on anybody else.
There are many artists that deserve your support, but perhaps none so more, as DJ K.O. You remember DJ K.O. right? He’s the man who helped bring you over 5o dope hip hop tracks for FREE last year. He is also the man who dropped one of the illest albums from a producer…ever. Picture This dropped in 2008 and featured countless dope producers and emcees and now he is back, four years later with his sophomore effort…EMPBeTheTeam.
This track definitely has the funky factor behind it and brings the entire Elementality team so check the cut, and then make sure to cop the album when it drops.
Album: Death At The Chophouse
1. Soon Enough
2. Malcolm Browne (prod. DaveNotti)
3. What We On (prod. Analogic)
4. Y E A H! feat. Silent Knight & Wordsworth [prod. DaveNotti]
5. Slow Burner (feat. Silent Knight) [prod. SeeMore]
6. Louis XIV
7. Never Know (prod. Laudz)
8. Back 2the Rawness (feat. Silent Knight) [prod. Analogic]
9. Forthcoming (prod. DaveNotti)
10. Living Out Our Dreams (feat. Silent Knight & East) [prod. Laudz]
11. The Epidemic (prod. DaveNotti)
12. Interlude 4 U (feat. J Mac)
13. Black Mamba
14. Change of the Guard
15. ‘Til I Go (feat. Jered Sanders) [prod. DaveNotti]
16. Just Watch Us (feat. East & Silent Knight) [prod. Analogic]
17. Mister Señor Love Daddy, Pt. 2 [prod. DaveNotti]
18. The World Is Mine [prod. Analogic]
19. Here We Go (Analogic Remix) [feat. East & Silent Knight]
20. Violent (feat. Silent Knight) [prod. Laudz]
21. New Known Fact (prod. SeeMore)
MadKem has an album dropping in September and this mixtape is to serve as a precursor to that album. It is a compilation of older material and compilations MadKem has appeared on. I am familiar with MadKem from his appearances on all of those Elementality/DJ KO EPs that were produced last year. I liked those a lot. I also am a big fan of Silent Knight, and as you can see, he is all over this mixtape. So I expected this mixtape to be pretty dope. But to put it plainly, this really exceeded my expectations.
MadKem is a lot iller than I gave him credit for. He has a great mic presence and his lyricism is very clever throughout. So now I find myself fiending for this new album next month.
You absolutely have to give this mixtape and download and listen. It’s imperative. This is one of those moments you can have as a listener where you can enjoy a release from start to finish and come away with an appreciation for an artist you may not be familiar with.