Album: egO anD The eneMy
- Days Are All The Same
- Nomads (ft. Krumbsnatcha)
- The Empathy
- Gleamin’ (ft. B.A.M.)
- Give It To Me
- Fugazzi (ft. Jaysaun)
- No Excuses
- Shine (ft. Method Man and Dominique Larue)
- Meow Mix
- True Lies (ft. Camp Lo and Tribeca)
- Death To Raquel
It is no secret around these parts that M-Dot is a much respected name. We feature nearly all of his music. But it’s also been a minute since he has released an album and in the end it’s time to take account, because creating an album is a much different endeavor than dropping singles or mixtapes. The proof, as they say, is in the pudding.
But in the end, M-Dot, met and exceeded expectations with egO anD The eneMy. The album remains potent from track one to track seventeen. There is no “fluff”. There are no trivial skits. There are no weaknesses to be found in the music.
Project: Before The Enemy Compilation
- Shine (ft. Method Man, Dominique Larue, and Katy Gunn)
- True Lies (Remix) (ft. Camp Lo and Tribeca)
- The Rea & The Raw (ft. Jaysaun)
- 123 Flow
- You Don’t Know About (ft. Masta Ace)
While we all eagerly anticipate M-Dot’s album, Ego and The Enemy, he has released a teaser project once again showing the assortment and diversity of talent. This is old hat for us here at Hip Hop Dependency, but I am sure there are more than just a few of you who will appreciate these dope eight tracks.
You can see the company he keeps on some of these tracks and let me assure you, he was never out shined on any of these cuts. I hope you all can appreciate that talent as much as we do.
Stay tuned for more information on the album!
I posted the OG Version of this track months ago and now the good folks wanted to remind you of how dope this track is again, this time be shooting us the remix of the track that is featured on M-Dot’s latest mixtape, Layer Cake. It’s equally as potent as the first with a slightly more energetic vibe. Peep…
Album: Layer Cake
02. B-Sting (Produced By JoniZ)
03. 123 Flow (Produced By Kore)
04. Taggant Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By Confidence & M-Credible) Cuts By DJ Family Tyz & DJ ToneDeff Cutz
05. The Difference (Produced By Soulslicers)
06. You Ain’t Ready Ft. Nutso (Produced By MidiFlash)
07. True Lies (Remix) Ft. Camp Lo & Tribeca (Produced By LP2)
08. Worldwide Ft. Armageddon (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
09. We Are (Produced By Onederkid)
10. Woke Up Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By DJ LP2)
12. The Doors Ft. EMS (Rev, Mayhem) & Olivia Pierson (Produced By LX Beats)
13. Unfukwitable (Produced By Sutter Kain)
14. Let it Out (Produced By DJ Connect)
15. El Mariachi Ft. Chaundon, Cymarshall Law & Daily Planet (Produced By Reef Ali) Cuts By DJ Grazzhoppa
16. Nothing To Fool With Ft. Hell Rell of Dipset & JTronius (Produced By FRZ)
17. Heavy Ft. Big Shug & Benefit of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez) Cuts By DJ Reel Drama
18. Numerical Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Misanthropist)
19. Circulate Ft. Dominique Larue & Boycott Blues (Produced By DWill)
20. Wall Flowers (Produced By MidiFlash)
21. Think Twice (Remix) (Intro By DJ Premier) Ft. Av’Rex, Big Shug, Singapore Kane & Krumb Snatcha (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
22. Xmas Broke Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez)
23. Backstabbers (Produced By Gajos)
Our reigning champ, M-Dot, shot this project over to me many moons ago, while he has been galavanting around Europe on tour with the likes of that group you may have heard of,…Slaughterhouse. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to get to do a write up on the project. Really, Layer Cake, is a collection of guest spots, features, and rarities that M-Dot has put out or been a part of in the last 12 months. While it isn’t an album, there are plenty of dope tracks collected together worth talking about.
Check out these deliveries over this spaced out production by, Tribeca! Tribeca brings in some big guns for this feature off his forthcoming project, The Pookie Syndrome. All the verses are really standout. No one separates themselves from the pack which is a good thing. Everyone dropping bars remains strong. But we have to give a shout out to the reigning Artist Of The Year, M-Dot for doing his thing, once again.