A real cool track that is autobiographical from Burke The Jurke. The production when coupled with Burke’s own sung chorus gives the song a very soulful element. I really enjoy the lyricism digging deep and giving the listener perspective in context. It’s certainly not random jibberish.
The new album, Know Alternatives, drops in a little over a month. I can’t wait.
The highly underrated Burke The Jurke continues to smite you nonbelievers with more dope music. The Maloiks is from his latest album Ear Responsible which is out now and should be listened to at your earliest possible convenience or get buried in the woods!
Artist: Matt Maddox
Album: Righteous Fury (Amazon, iTunes)
1. No Country For Old Men produced by Engineer
2. Interlude produced by Sultan Mir
3. Sick & Tired cuts by TMB produced by Sultan Mir
4. BARbarians ft Godilla, UG & Born Unique produced by Hellzwind
5. Work ft Mina Fedora produced by Skammadix
6. El Mariachi produced by Nemesis
7. The Get Back ft King Magnetic produced by Skammadix
8. Comedy Pt 1 produced by Skammadix
9. Murder Weapons ft Swann Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
10. Spider Man ft Adlib & Reef The Lost Cauze produced by Vanderslice
11. Mjolnir ft Burke the Jurke Cuts by TMB produced by C Lance (of Jedi Mind Tricks)
12. King Killer produced by Sicknature (of Germany’s Snowgoons)
13. Olympus Has Fallen Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
14. Upon A Pale Horse ft Edd Bundy Cuts by TMB produced by the UK’s Edd Bundy
15. Comedy Pt 2 produced by Skammadix
16. A Time To Kill Cuts by TMB produced by Hellzwind
17. Street Art ft Tragedy Khadafi Cuts by TMB produced by Skammadix
18. Reality’s a Bitch produced by Skammadix
19. Show Must Go On produced by Nemesis
Some albums ease a listener into the moment, while others grab you by the throat and demand your attention. Righteous Fury, the most recent album from Matt Maddox, is going to fall in the latter category. From the instant you hear the first cut. you are both engaged and threatened by what you hear. You are threatened because, from the jump, you find out that Maddox is not going to be mincing words and he will name names of those siting on the pedestals. He has thrown ‘today’s hip hop’ on it’s head and as a listener you can not remove the headphones, you become obligated to listen to this release from start to finish.
This song must’ve been too hard for most blogs to post on. I honestly can’t believe it hasn’t garnered more attention. Mr. Green has banging keys on this joint, and Burke The Jurke leaves no bar untouched. A real sick flow on this track. I hate to use cliches but what the hell…this joint goes hard.
He has an album dropping called, Ear Responsible with no release date as of right now. I will be looking for it though.
I spotted this track over at TheHipHopHead and was really impressed by how hard this joint banged. First off, Godilla is that man right now. Maybe not a lot people know about him but this emcee can deliver the verbal artillery…consistently.
This cut if off of his upcoming album, Altered Beast. So check it out by visiting the TheHipHopHead by clicking the link below.
I love the concept video. This is one of the dope cuts that you can find off of Burke the Jurke’s, Jurke Du Soleil album. It’s a solid album that I recommend you look into.