The EMS crew unites for this video from M-Dot’s latest project, Jake LaDotta. Today is may favorite cut off of the project. It’s a masterpiece of a posse cut. From the production to varying lyrical skills, this joint will have you nodding your head in rhythm with a smile on your face!
The EMS ensemble gather together to spit over an adaptation of The Walking Dead’s television theme song. And if any unit could pull off something like this, I trust non other than EMS. They have diverse enough lyrical styles to keep the track bouncing and entertaining.
This track serves as Revalation’s second single for his forthcoming EP, Emergency Broadcast.
This song just made my week. No matter what happens the rest of the week, this song from M-Dot and company is a major win! The bass line on this jawn made my neck sore. And the flows…my god the flows, were impeccable. M-Dot can stay silent for months and then drop a gem like this and instantly remind us of his greatness. And I meant to use that word…great. He has a really sophisticated way with words when rocking the mic. The jam definitely has an old school appeal but easily something I could see getting some universal love.
Jake LaDOTta drops for free tomorrow and may knock some of these end of the year lists on their heads. Check back at DJ Booth for the good word…
“A wack emce is something we despise…” pretty much describes the mindset coming from Benefit, PH, and Famoso for their video/song, Killa Kannibals. And if I may state Famosos’ verse is certified bananas…
Is Boston in the building? Is EMS in the building? Is the Gangstarr Foundation in the building? Hell yeah it is! Benefit, M-Dot, and Big Shug drop those bars heavy over the Norman Cratez’ production. Three different styles joining forces and each repping hard. This particular song will be showing up on Benefit’s forthcoming album, Timing Is Everything. Stay tuned!
As Benefit readies his next “timing” project, Timing Of A Godfather, he unleashed Killa Kannibals. A cut in which heavy hitters, PH and Famoso join him on the mic. It’s got all of those head-nodding qualities that you are all always craving. In particular check that third verse from Famoso. He incorporates some Trayvon Martin and Magna Carta / Holy Grail references that definitely capture your attention.
When EMS comes a’ knocking with new music, I am always answering the door. What we have here is a very soulful track from DC Soulplusmind and some excellent DJ skills exhibited by DJ Grazhoppa. Those two things already made this track a gem but then you add the likes of M-Dot, Famoso, and Benefit to the mic duties and you have something superlative. This track is off of the Benefit’s upcoming mixtape, Timing Of the Godfather.
The EMS team links up musical insanity as Benefit, Rev, and Mayhem all take turns on the mic over some Code Red production. The drums and lyrics hit hard while the vocal sample allows the whole cut to just marinate on you a bit.
Album: Layer Cake
02. B-Sting (Produced By JoniZ)
03. 123 Flow (Produced By Kore)
04. Taggant Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By Confidence & M-Credible) Cuts By DJ Family Tyz & DJ ToneDeff Cutz
05. The Difference (Produced By Soulslicers)
06. You Ain’t Ready Ft. Nutso (Produced By MidiFlash)
07. True Lies (Remix) Ft. Camp Lo & Tribeca (Produced By LP2)
08. Worldwide Ft. Armageddon (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
09. We Are (Produced By Onederkid)
10. Woke Up Ft. Mayhem of EMS (Produced By DJ LP2)
12. The Doors Ft. EMS (Rev, Mayhem) & Olivia Pierson (Produced By LX Beats)
13. Unfukwitable (Produced By Sutter Kain)
14. Let it Out (Produced By DJ Connect)
15. El Mariachi Ft. Chaundon, Cymarshall Law & Daily Planet (Produced By Reef Ali) Cuts By DJ Grazzhoppa
16. Nothing To Fool With Ft. Hell Rell of Dipset & JTronius (Produced By FRZ)
17. Heavy Ft. Big Shug & Benefit of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez) Cuts By DJ Reel Drama
18. Numerical Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Misanthropist)
19. Circulate Ft. Dominique Larue & Boycott Blues (Produced By DWill)
20. Wall Flowers (Produced By MidiFlash)
21. Think Twice (Remix) (Intro By DJ Premier) Ft. Av’Rex, Big Shug, Singapore Kane & Krumb Snatcha (Produced By DJ Brans) Cuts By DJ Djaz
22. Xmas Broke Ft. Rev of EMS (Produced By Norman Cratez)
23. Backstabbers (Produced By Gajos)
Our reigning champ, M-Dot, shot this project over to me many moons ago, while he has been galavanting around Europe on tour with the likes of that group you may have heard of,…Slaughterhouse. Unfortunately it has taken me this long to get to do a write up on the project. Really, Layer Cake, is a collection of guest spots, features, and rarities that M-Dot has put out or been a part of in the last 12 months. While it isn’t an album, there are plenty of dope tracks collected together worth talking about.
There are just a few collectives out there that put out consistently dope hip hop. E.M.S. is one such collection of artists. This group of artists out of Massachusetts have put out an incredible amount of material and I wanted to give the readers an opportunity to give some of these releases a listen. A big shout out to Rev from E.M.S. for compiling all of these releases.
I have personally heard 90% of these albums/mixtapes and I can attest for their dopeness. Now, remember, I wasn’t trying to put out every mixtape or guest shot these artists have ever been on. This is just their own releases. Please enjoy this late holiday gift…