Here is some raw-raw from a group called the Highlanderz and there is no doubt that I am feeling this. This is some hard hitting lyricism and production being featured right here.
There is an EP on the way entitled 8 Headz In A Dufflebag and in listening to these cuts, this is an instant purchase.
Disclaimer: It is hard and challenging to pick 50 tracks from the thousands upon thousands that dropped this year. It is merely an attempt to list my favorite cuts of 2012. Click the links to listen to the song! I think it’s a great list. There were a lot of great songs crafted this year and I know I left off some good ones. I listened to 5,000+ tracks from 2012 alone this year, so as an artist, if you made this list you know you are on the forefront of my iTunes!
1. Said Before – Goldini Bagwell
2. Rhyme Of The Year – Nino Bless
3. Believers – Mayday
4. Outlive, Outshine – Theo3
5. War – Stryfe and Marc Byrd
Now this is it right here! Spit Gemz call upon Natural Elements, Anthony Cruz, to drop more than just a few bars for this track, InkQuisition. The two form a great combination! I mean this spittery is polished. I first came upon Spit Gemz a couple of years ago and became an immediate fan because of his fusion of intellect and grimy street flavor. Anthony Cruz is one of the reasons that I even maintain a blog at all. His work with NE is legendary and he shows and proves that his skills haven’t diminished one bit, if anything he answers the bell in rare form. There are only a handful of artists capable of this kind of wordplay. This track is the lead single for Spit Gemz new EP, End The TV, dropping November 10th.
Artist: Natural Elements (A-Butta x Swigga x Mister Voodoo)
Album: NE Definitely Mixtape
Source: Web Browsing
1. Mister Voodoo ft. KA – Relax Your Mind
2. L-Swift – How Itz Going Down (Remix)
3. L-Swift x Mister Voodoo – Yes Yes Y’all (Radio Edit)
4. Nightbreed – Dark Day
5. Raidermen – Top Dollar
6. Natural Elements – I Got Your Heart
7. L-Swift – Don’t Sleep
8. Nightbreed – Who’s Spot Must I Take Now
9. Natural Elements – Wishing On A Star
10. Nightbreed – Don’t Question Why
11. 2Face – DJ 279 Freestyle Choice FM 1996
12. Natural Elements – Every Day (Instrumental)
13. Natural Elements – Life Ain’t Fair (Original Version)
14. Natural Elements – Tri-Boro
15. Mister Voodoo – Regulation Time
16. Natural Elements – Bust Mine (Instrumental)
17. Nightbreed – Two Roads Out The Ghetto
18. Natural Elements – Second Hand Smoke
19. L-Swift & Mister Voodoo – Stretch & Bobbitio WKCR Freestyle 1995
20. L-Swift – Relax (Demo Tape Version)
21. Natural Elements – Shine
22. L-Swift – Live The Life
23. Mister Voodoo – Pen Hits Paper
24. Natural Elements – By Nature
25. Raidermen Feat. Mister Voodoo – Gettin’ Over
26. Natural Elements – The Promo
I obviously missed this mixtape or else it would have been front and center on HHD much sooner. This is a compilation of rarities that showcase the crews come up in the mid-to-late 1990s. These are tracks that they performed as a crew, solo artists, and some guest spots. I have been an avid listener of NE throughout the years and there are a few tracks on here that I haven’t even heard. It’s going to make for some good listening mixed by Bad Cop.
One of the reasons that this project is being released now is that A-Butta, Swigga, and Mister Voodoo are back at it making music as a collective again. The one track they have released, All Hail NE, is truly dope and definitely bodes well for their forthcoming projects. Really excited about this one folks so make sure you give this a listen and get yourself familiar with the crew. They will be hitting you with some new material shortly.
I hate posting on the weekends but I can’t help it. This news is BIG! All of us older heads can breathe again, and youngers can start anew. Natural Elements (Agu, Swigga, and Anthony Cruz) is back in the building and the track is dope! The three show excellent chemistry as if they have never been apart. If you listen to their older material (which I strongly encourage) you will hear that undeniable chemistry again and again. Man, enjoy this people…I know I am.